Monday, January 26, 2009

You live, you learn

Hey all!

Glad to see you all are checking up on me. Been really busy lately, getting into a schedule with classes and trips so it has been a bit difficult to keep in touch. Much has happened since my last post. I had the opportunity to witness the inauguration overseas! Everyone in the program piled into Harrington Gardens (it’s BU’s school building here), and there was literally wall-to-wall people in every room. We cheered and clapped as he was sworn in, and I got a couple of interview from people just in case I decide to write an article.


I also had an interview at the magazine, Three’s a Crowd, where I’ll be interning. It’s really small and very low-key. I’ll have the opportunity to write about what I want to write about and learn what I want to learn. I mentioned that I wanted to have the opportunity to make a video for the site and see how that works. I’m also going to be doing a lot of reviews of theater, art exhibits, plays, and movies!

Classes are going well. One goes from 1:15-5:15 and the other is 1:45-5:45pm. It’s good because I get to sleep in if I want, but the good chunk of the day is spent in the classroom. I do have Fridays off though, which is awesome for making some travel plans, some of which I’ve already booked!



Me and the roomates (along with my friend Anna from upstairs) are planning on a trip to Scotland Feb. 6-9. We’ve booked the hostel in Glasgow and a cheap flight with Ryanair. Mollie has given me plenty of suggestions of what to do and I think we are going to do a day in Edinburough.



As far as other trips are concerned, I am trying to plan for midsemester break (Feb 18-22). I’m trying to narrow it down between Dublin, Italy, and Paris. So far, I’m thinkin’ Paris just because I think I wanna meet up with Kaitlin if I’m going by myself. And I think I’ll save Italy for when it’s warmer, and Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day. ☺ I still don’t really know though. All your suggestions are welcome. Anyone interested?



Me and my roomates went on my first ever pub crawl last night. It was a monopoly pub crawl so everyone we bumped into was dressed Monopoly themed. There were so many folks walking around with top hats…I even saw one guy walked around holding an iron. Turns out this thing was pretty popular. (See pic above)

Just got back from my daytrip to Bath and Avebury. Woke up really early and was on the coach by 8:30am. The drive was three hours but the town of Bath was very very pretty. We walked through the green Roman baths and saw the steam drifting off the water. I dipped my hand in and it was HOT. All from natural underground springs. You have no idea how much I wanted to jump right in. It was so cold and rainy and icky when we went, most of the time I was shivering while we were walking around outside.


On the way home we stopped in Avebury to see the stones and the hills. When the sun set, you could the black dots of sheep on a pink and purple horizon.

As I’m typing this, I’m sitting infront of the fire at Glenna and Robin’s. We just had a great meal and I’m getting a good night’s rest here before class starts tomorrow. LOVE IT.

Alright, I think I’m gonna go try to do hdubs or start a movie and climb into bed because I’m EXHAUSTED. (Here is the sunset and sheep below)



Also, I wanted to ask: does anyone know anybody who is interested in buying any sox tickets? The only way Alex can come visit me here is if they get sold. A lot is riding on these tickets! Any help with this would be amazing. It’s very expensive to travel here and we need all the help we can get!



Love you all!

<3 A

1 comment:

  1. yeah shout out for selling sox tickets! good work baby! you sound like you are having so much fun! you better have some energy left in you for when you come home and have to hang out with me again

    ReplyDelete