Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I love my job.

Hey Kiddos!

This is like a first day of school day of school pic - me this morning in my work clothes. Mom, I wanted to show you how nice the blazer you gave me looks even though you can't really see in the photo.

I was thinking today at work (Three's a Crowd - small online magazine) about how I should post about what I do during the week.

I work in a small office overlooking Bloomsbury Square (it'll be beautiful once it starts getting nice out). The people I work with are fabulous - my supervisor is very sweet and is fun to talk to. Plus, she has given me the option to write or work from home or a cafe if I wish. When the office is full, it's around 5 people, mostly twenty-somethings.

There is a lot of freedom with the job. My supervisor will forward me emails about potential story ideas and I also scan the work email inbox for stuff from PR people that I can use. One example is the brief I did about a Glenn Close podcast.

Basically, I can choose whatever I want to write about! It's great! Thus far I've started a few projects. I got in contact with the PR person for Jason Mraz and gave her some interview questions for a Q&A to post. (For those my parents age - he is a popular pop singer, my friends are very jealous).

Today I posted a movie review on the site for He's Just Not That Into You! Go check it out here! :)

I saw it this weekend with a few girlfriends and then got to write about it. Awesome!

The atmosphere is very laid back. I usually go in around 10am although I have been the first there a few times and had to wait for someone to come and unlock the office. I usually stay till 3 - normally longer than my boss. Pretty much I choose my own hours. I really really enjoy being there so I like to stay longer.

They play music in the office and today a girl brought in her black pomeranian dog named Merlin. LOVE IT. I am very dog deprived, Merlin is too cute for words and sat on my lap a few times. He even fell asleep on the desk.

I love getting up in the morning, putting on nice work clothes, doing my makeup, going on the tube with the other commuters, and doing real work for a real company. It's like I'm a real person :p and sure beats a regular school day!


I'm very glad it's working out. I am pretty much the only person working the website right now. I get to edit and review posted stories and decide placement.

www.threesacrowdonline.com

Check it regularly and look for the posts by me (annaweb) mine is the icon with the monarch butterfly - obvi.


Much love,
A

2 comments:

  1. "It's like I'm a real person :p and sure beats a regular school day!"

    a regular school day? kind of like what I do every day of my miserable life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay that blazer looks really cute! Take me shoppingggg

    ReplyDelete