I have never been on a cruise before, let alone a cruise through the Greek islands. Having no idea what to expect, I was PUMPED to see how picture-perfect our boat The Aquamarine was. Pool, basketball court, all you can eat buffet, bright blue Aegean waters...I immediately got a sunburn.
This video is from our first island destination - Mykonos! Out of all the places we visited, this one seemed to be the most picture-perfect with white-washed houses, windmills, and panoramic views.
Here's the little beach we found in Mykonos. As the sun was beginning to set, we skipped stones on the water. It felt so good to be at a beach again!
Here we are in RHODES!
The next day we only had a few hours in Patmos. This video and the next are from the nature hike we took to the top on Easter Sunday. Then after doing a time check and realizing we had ten minutes to get down a mountain that took 30mins to hike up we sprinted down to make the second to last boat back to the ship. Close call...
Next destination = Turkey! We pulled into Kusadasi and had a chance to walk around the bazaar. I ended up chatting with this shopkepper who was sending his son to the University of Chicago in the United States. It was really interesting to hear his thoughts about American schools, so I decided to interview him.
Here is pigeon island in Turkey!
On our last night the Louis cruise staff sang to us at dinner. You can see how many plates of food we went through. Two dinners each? Yes.
Here's my concluding video to the Greece series. On the last day in Athens before catching our flight, Jon and I walked up to the Acropolis and through some ruins from Olympia. Here are the ruins.
can't understand that market seller in Turkey too well, but still pretty cool that you interviewed him!
ReplyDelete