Wednesday, April 8, 2009

VIP tickets – Jeff Dunham



Hey Guys!

Last night I went to the Hammersmith Apollo Theater (an amazingly huge theater venue) to see the sold out show of comedian Jeff Dunham.

Free VIP tickets for me and some of the people I work with at 3AC. Perks! I went just to enjoy myself - not even to report although it is always an option.



Because Mark knows Jeff's agent, we got killer seats near the front of the stage where you can actually see the act. "Guitar Guy" opened for him and was hilarious.

For those of you who don't know Jeff Dunham - he is a popular American ventriloquist comedian who appears a lot on Comedy Central. He came to BU last year and I wanted to go, but didn't end up getting tickets. He is known for having one of the most popular YouTube videos of all time for his sketch with Achmed the Dead Terrorist. (I believe it was the 6th most popular youtube vid at one point).



It was really funny because this is the first show he's done abroad and had to adapt the jokes.

"I'll kill you for a Klondike bar...oh shit they don't have those here do they? I'll kill you for...oh what is it...bangers and mash!"

He also made fun of the toilets here – it gets confusing with the two buttons.

Haha, I'm gonna stop trying to repeat the jokes. It's funny because the people I went with (brits from 3AC) hadn't even heard of him. It was great, something I know about. Last time I felt out of the loop 'cause I had no idea who Spandau Ballet or Take That was. I could relate to a lot of Jeff's jokes about an American finding their way in London...

After the show we headed to the VIP lounge to have a drink and wait for Jeff to show up. When he did get there I was planning on asking him for a quick video interview with my camera (I had prepared myself with what to say) but he just popped in for a second. I did take some video though (see bellow).

What a great night!

<3 A

No comments:

Post a Comment